Monday 7 June 2010

It's oh so quiet (sssshhh, sssshhh)

Oh it has been quiet indeed.

After the fair was over I kind of went into hibernation mode. If you want to read about it Joe wrote a great little re-cap of the fair that you should have a look at.

So what have I been doing for the last couple of weeks?

Well. I did end up having some of these...


...and enjoying a little bit of peace. I buy magazines that I don't have time to read because I'm too busy and end up dragging them with me around town and country thinking I might get time to have a peek in them. Just don't get me started on the years worth of Icon I have sitting on a shelf at home, glaring at me, begging to be read. Can you hear them crying from neglect?

Apart from a few hours of rest here and there I've been finishing up some jewellery pieces for launching on Folksy, hopefully at the end of the week, which is also when I'm crossing my fingers and hoping Robin will have had time to help me finish my website.

This year I'm in charge of organising the studios for this years Exeter Open Studios, and I'm part of the steering group for the Open Studios as well. I need to find time to help out with the events out at Organic Arts and somewhere, somehow, I need to actually do some of my own work!!!

Last week was half-term and Robin was working from home so there really wasn't much time to work on anything anyway, but I did finish off that jewellery and on Saturday I went in and tidied and cleaned the studio and packed away the jewellery making things for a little bit; I've picked a project off my "Projects I really want to do" pile and I'll be starting to make tests this week. I'm very excited about working with paperclay porcelain for the first time ever. I've made some sketches and will have to do a fair bit of testing (which I always say I will do and then I end up jumping in at the deep end anyway because I get so excited...) but I'm liking the ideas I have. I'm not giving the game away just yet, that will have to wait until next time!

(But you can have two hints: "family" and "memory")

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails